I am authorized to conduct the following FAA practical tests (all in airplanes):
- Private Pilot Airplane – single and multiengine land
- Instrument Rating – Airplane
- Commercial Pilot Airplane – single and multiengine land
- Flight Instructor Airplane – Instrument
I am qualified to conduct multi-engine practical tests in the following aircraft:
- Beech BE-60 (Duke)
- Beech BE-76 (Duchess)
- Piper PA27-250 (Aztec)
- Piper PA31-350 (Chieftain)
- Piper PA34-200 (Seneca)
I am also authorized to provide Flight Instructor Renewals, Military Pilot Competency evaluation, Foreign License verification, and Remote Pilot certificates.
To schedule a checkride, please fill out the scheduling request form.
|Fee Schedule – October 2023|
(subject to change without notice)
|Private Pilot – Airplane SEL or MEL||$800.00|
|Instrument Rating – Airplane||$800.00|
|Commercial Pilot – Airplane SEL or MEL||$800.00|
|Flight Instructor – Airplane SEL (add-on only)||$800.00|
|Flight Instructor – Instrument Airplane (add-on only)||$800.00|
|Single-engine add-on rating||$800.00|
|Multi-engine add-on rating||$800.00|
– Foreign Pilot Validation
– CFI Renewal
|UAS (Remote Pilot)||$125.00|
(Within 60 days of Notice of Disapproval – see Policies)
(for “unavoidable reasons” within 60 days of Letter of Discontinuance – see Policies)
(for an additional aircraft used on a practical test)
(for airports within the Allentown FSDO other than ABE – see Policies)
|Credit Card Processing Fee||$ 30.00|
I accept cash (USD) and credit cards only. Credit cards will incur a $30.00 processing fee. I do not accept personal checks.
There are no travel costs associated with tests conducted at Lehigh Valley International (ABE).
If you are unable to meet me for a practical test at ABE, I am willing to travel to any airport within the Allentown FSDO jurisdiction for $75.00 plus applicable airport/FBO fees. For airports outside the Allentown FSDO in PA and NJ, I charge $1.50 per nautical mile straight-line distance (round trip) from Allentown, PA plus applicable airport/FBO fees.
Out of the Area Tests
Tests outside of PA and NJ require will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the location, I may be willing to travel to the applicant using my personal aircraft to administer a practical test. Please contact me to discuss.
Private Area and Internet Connection
If I am meeting you at an airport other than ABE, you must provide a private area free of distractions and a reliable internet connection.
The posted fee schedule applies only to retests for applicants who received a Notice of Disapproval on a previous practical test from me. Applicants seeking a retest after receiving a Notice of Disapproval from another examiner will be charged the full fee for the Practical Test regardless of tasks already completed on the first attempt, unless otherwise specified.
Sometimes, despite the best of intentions, issues may result in a discontinuance that are out of our control. Therefore, I will not charge to continue a practical test at a later date (within 60 days of the Letter of Discontinuance) for the following reasons:
- Unforecast weather
- Maintenance issues that develop during the checkride
- Unexpected illness
- Other reasonable circumstances – at the examiner’s discretion
In the event that a Letter of Discontinuance must be issued, I may charge a “continuance” fee for the following reasons:
- Airman presents unairworthy aircraft (issue detected after start of practical test)
- Applicant chooses to discontinue for non-urgent personal reason
- Others – at examiner’s discretion
A rescheduling fee may be charged due to the following:
- The airman’s logbook entries do not demonstrate that he/she has met the aeronautical experience requirements for the desired certificate or rating
- Applicant arrives without required documents including the aircraft maintenance records, proper endorsements, or identification
- Applicant presents unairworthy aircraft (issue detected prior to start of practical test – i.e. aircraft out of annual or other “easily avoidable” airworthiness issue.
I will make all reasonable efforts to help rectify the situation before resorting to rescheduling the practical test.
Paper 8710-1 Fee
IACRA is the preferred method of application by the FAA and me. It is easier to use, more accurate, and quite reliable. If you choose to submit a paper 8710-1 application, I charge a $100.00 fee. If we have internet connectivity problems, or, in the unlikely event that the IACRA system is down and we must resort to paper, there will be no charge.